Updated January 2018
About Virgin America:
Launched in 2007, Virgin America was a California-based airline on a mission to make flying fun again with new planes, attractive fares, top-notch service, and innovative amenities. The airline’s base is San Francisco International Airport’s (SFO) sleek and sustainable new Terminal 2.
In December 2016, Virgin America was acquired by Alaska Airlines to create the West Coast’s premier airline. The two airlines were granted a single operating certificate by the FAA in January 2018.
For a complete list of the destinations serviced by Alaska Airlines, please click here.
All new Airbus A320-family fleet with highly customized design and interiors.
- One-of-a-kind mood lighting, with 12 shades that adapt to outside light
- 110v power outlets and USB jacks near every seat
- 9-inch video touch-screens and QWERTY keyboard/remote controls at every seat
- Main Cabin with custom-designed, deeper and more comfortable leather seats
- Main Cabin Select with 38-inch pitch, dedicated overhead luggage space and priority check-in, security access and boarding
- First Class with plush white leather seats, lumbar massagers and 55-inch seat pitch/165-degree recline
The Red® system is generations ahead of any in-flight entertainment system in the U.S. Red allows guests to control what they watch or listen to, order food, and play games, all via touch-screen or remote control.
- More than 25 on-demand movies and 24 television channels
- Kids’ entertainment section with parental controls
- 3,000 MP3 library and ability to create own playlist
- A video game library
- Interactive Google Maps, so guests can track their flights at eight levels of zoom
- Onboard seat-to-seat chat messaging
- World’s first on-demand food and drink ordering system at every seatback
- Seat-to-seat delivery feature that allows guests to send a cocktail, snack or meal to a fellow traveler onboard their flight using a digital seat map
- First and still only U.S. airline to offer fleetwide in-flight WiFi
- Power outlets at every seat
Corporate Social Responsibility:
Virgin America is committed to conducting business in a way that is consistent with its values and supports many worthy causes, including Stand Up to Cancer, Virgin Unite, KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) and Make-A-Wish Foundation Greater Bay Area. As the only California-based airline, the carrier is committed to finding new ways to lead the industry on climate issues.
- Brand new fleet is up to 20% more fuel and carbon efficient than the average U.S. fleet
- LEED® Silver-certified headquarters, LEED® Gold-certified home at Terminal 2
- Virgin America achieved the highest LEED® Platinum certification in its office spaces and teammate lounge
- First domestic airline to offer carbon offset option in-flight, via the Red® system
- First U.S. airline to document its carbon footprint via the Climate Registry’s accepted standards